Friday, May 29, 2009

My Favorite Flowers

My Favorite Flowers


 

Flowers are amazing. Can you imagine existence without them? There would be no Roses for valentines and no meadows of blue and pink in which to lie. Everyone has favorites; Emma Goldman's seems to be roses. I have three that especially influence me.

Peace Lilies' presence seems to calm the atmosphere. From entire white to soft yellow, their colors always bring with them what they advertise. These flowers are perfect picks for relaxing environments.

In quite a contrast to their cousins, the Oriental Lily introduces a lively feeling. Their pinks, yellows, whites, reds and even oranges decorate a star-shaped beauty. These would be great to have at a party.

"Water Lilies…" What do you think when I whisper those words? Mystical waterfalls, mermaids, fairies and light rain are the thoughts that glide into my mind. They are pastel rainbows of blue…of pink…of yellow. Of purple…of white…of red and orange. Lying silently on their soft beds of green, these flowers look graceful anywhere, but especially on their natural carpet of water.

Next time you see a field of Blue Bonnets, a carpet of Indian Paintbrushes or a bed of Roses, take a quiet minute to appreciate them. Don't you see how wonderful it is that we do not have to be expected to live without them? We are practically dependent on them-not only for solace but for inspiration. Think of all the paintings, papers and colors that were inspired by flowers! Now, you see how Emma can say "I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck." 


 

This is something that I wrote for Grammar. I had to do a 5 paragraph essay-I do one every week. This was this week's. See ya!

-Stephanie

    
 

No comments: