Friday, May 29, 2009

A Limn of Color

A Limn of
Color

     Out of a profuse number of colors, there are a few that I like best of all. They each reflect a certain faction of nature and life. These unique colors are: purple, blue and green.

I have loved purple for time immemorial. I love how gorgeous it is, how royal it can be. No matter how it is vaunted, it is beautiful. Blue is another aesthetic color. Like all colors, you can change the hue or brightness to morph the feeling immensely. There is something about green that makes you love the color. Everything around you is green-the trees, the grass and bushes, even food. Something to do with that just creates a feeling of apotheosis that must be expressed; a sort of gratitude. You can't help but to exalt it with love.

    There are a myriad of colors to love, from Paris green and Adrianople red to blush and Roman umber. Yet, none of these colors are on my list of favorites. The colors
I adore are purple, blue and green.

This is another one of the essays I wrote for Grammar. This one is, of course, a 3 paragraph essay. I wrote this one on April 28.

-Stephanie

    

No comments: