Sunday, February 14, 2010

SNOW!

We woke up to a snowing day on Thursday, expecting it to stop after a little bit, like usual (well, not that snow is usual here). Not so! It snowed ALL day Thursday, huge flakes! (I might add that when I woke up at 7:30 Thursday morning, there already WAS snow-enough to stick to the ground.) School was cancelled Friday, and replaced by a day of FUN IN THE SNOW! We broke a record-Single Storm record, I think-for the inches of snow we recieved. Which was...12 and a half inches at the airport! I NEVER cannot believe that we had OVER A FOOT of snow in DFW! This is amazing! I'd like to thank Global Warming for this :)
We even helped our neighbors build an igloo in their yard, a BIG one. It is still there, I am guessing it will be for a week or 2.

I've got a lot of pictures to do of this one, but with Picasa I can only do 4 at a time, so I'll do several posts of this. Sorry-if this is boring to you, you can just skip it. This is just really exciting to us!


side view of our back porch table ^(up arrow)

A dog we were pet-sitting, Atlas, playing in the snow. He could not get enough of it!^
snow on the bushes
Posted by Picasa

No comments: